Our practice provides clients with the high levels of service required to administer the Construction Design & Management 2007 Regulations (CDM).
As a CDM Co-Ordinator our duty is to advise and assist clients in meeting their duties as a Client under the Regulations, in particular the duty to:-
- Appoint competent designers and contractors.
- If appropriate make sure adequate arrangements are in place for managing the project.
- Notify HSE about the project.
- Co-Ordinate design work, planning and other preparation for construction, where relevant to health and safety.
- Identify and collect the pre-construction information. Advise the client if surveys need to be commissioned.
- Provide promptly – and in a convenient form – to those involved with the design of the structure, and to every contractor (including the Principal Contractor) who may be or has been appointed by the client, such parts of the pre-construction information as are relevant.
- Manage the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors.
- Advise the client on the suitability of the initial construction phase plan and the arrangements made to ensure welfare facilities are on site from the start.
- Produce or update a relevant user friendly health and safety file suitable for use at the end of the construction phase.